Sunday, January 10, 2010

She's a Sunbeam!

In our church, we have primary classes for children ages 3-11, and the 3-year old class is called "Sunbeams." Since we were out of town last Sunday, today was Samantha's first day as a "Sunbeam!" I took her into the room and her lip started to quiver and her eyes started to water. I told her teacher that this might not work, but I sat with her while they sang some songs and it appeared she was getting more and more comfortable. After about 10 minutes or so, I just got up and walked away and she seemed totally fine with it. I did check in on her after 5 more minutes, and she was actually trying to do some of the hand motions with the songs! Her teacher told me she did just fine after I left, so next week she will probably be all on her own! I tried to ask her what songs she learned in Primary, but she said she couldn't remember! Oh, well - I will definitely have to find out what they are singing and help her along. We cannot believe our little one is growing up, and she's doing it too fast! We love you, pumpkin!