Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adam, the Betta Fish!

I have been missing Maggie (our cocker spaniel) for quite a few weeks now, and keep thinking that I wish we still had her. I imagine how Samantha would be taking care of her and how much fun they would probably be having right now; it makes me really sad and I hate that we gave her up. So, instead of getting a dog right now, we decided to get Samantha a betta fish for Valentine's Day. So, we took a trip to PetCo and she picked out this blue betta fish and named him Adam, after her baby cousin Adam. Ever since we brought him home, she has stood by his fishbowl (or trifle bowl, really!) and waved and talked to him. She is always telling me that he is happy and that she loves him. If she stops reminding me to feed him, at least it is an easy pet for me to take care of, right?