Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Year Ago....

One year ago today was probably the worst day of my life; I had a miscarriage at approximately 11 weeks. We knew at our first ultrasound at 8 weeks that the baby was not going to survive. Those next few weeks were the absolute worst! Knowing that we were just waiting for our baby to die was hard to accept. I know I am not the only one who has suffered a miscarriage, but it still hit me very hard. It took me several months to "get through it" and to come to where I am today. It was very hard for me to see so many pregnant woman at church and to be happy for them; I admit that I wasn't. I was bitter and angry toward them and they had done nothing wrong. It was just a feeling that I could not overcome.

It has been a rough year, but it has also been a great year. Wonderful blessings have come to us over this past year, even if it wasn't the baby we had wanted. We are happy and are excited about moving on to the next chapter in our lives. Thank you to all of you who offered support and a listening ear when I needed one - you know who you are :)